Nicholas V. Chen is an international corporate lawyer with over 38 years experience providing practical business/legal solutions in Greater China. He has been traveling and working in China since 1973. Mr. Chen is a practical, street-smart client resource with over three decades of front-line market experience who helps companies and investors develop and implement practical cross border strategies and programs to achieve safer business operations and growth.
Mr. Chen is the managing partner of Pamir Law Group, an international law and business consulting firm based in Asia with offices in Beijing, Shanghai and Taipei, with a long track record of successfully closing hundreds of transactions in a broad range of industries in China/Taiwan for international clients. He has also represented China/Taiwan clients in outbound investment matters. He is a China International Economic Trade Arbitration Commissionarbitrator, nominated by the founder of CIETAC. He is a supporter of grass roots community development NGO’s in China, and chairs iChinaforum (www.ichinaforum.com) which is a website focused on the real face of China.
Mr. Chen is a graduate of Yale College (BA 1979) and New York University School of Law (JD 1982).
Professional Association and Activities:
• Asian American Legal Defense and Education Fund, Founder and Board Member (1975-present)
• China International Economic Trade Arbitration Commission, Arbitrator
• District of Columbia Bar (1983-present)
• European Chamber of Commerce, Chairman of Greater China Committee (1995-present)
• www. Goldenbridges.org (Beijing), (capacity building NGO), Director
• www. iChinaForum.com, Director
• Taiwan M&A and Private Equity Council, International Committee, Vice Director
• National Asian Pacific American Bar Association, Founding Member
• US-China Peoples' Friendship Association (1975-1984)
• Yale Club of Taipei, President (1990-2001)
July 10, 2010 NYC Hedge Funds Care
June 25, 2010 Shanghai China Summit on Anti-Corruption
February 26, 2010 Nicholas Chen Wins ILO Client Choice Award for M&A in Taiwan